2016-2017 Kindergarten Orientation
We have scheduled an opportunity for you and your kindergartener to visit his/her classroom before the “official” first day of school.
DATE: Thursday, August 25th
TIME: 1:30 – 2:00 PM (AM classes) 2:30 - 3:00 PM (PM & TK classes)
PLACE: Kindergarten Classrooms: Rooms 1, 2, 3, and TK room 23
THE PURPOSE OF THIS VISIT IS TO:
1. Acquaint you and your child with the school and room location.
2. Meet the teacher, and give your child the time to become more familiar with the classroom.
3. You will have a list of things to do with your child to help him/her become more familiar with the procedures of their school day.
4. Receive a critical Information Folder from your child’s teacher.
5. Allow the first day of school go smoothly.
ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL:
1. Please make sure your child knows where his/her room is, and has no problem getting there.
2. Make a smooth separation from your child. Typically, if you don’t make a “big deal” out of it, your child will just go into the room and feel right at home. If there is a problem, we know how to take care of it. Just leave promptly. They are in good hands.
3. Make absolutely sure your child knows exactly what the plan is for after school pick up or transportation. Be prompt.
Morning (AM) Kindergarten hours: 8:15 – 11:50, Wednesdays 8:15 – 10:50
Afternoon (PM) Kindergarten & TK hours: 11:50 – 3:25, Wednesday s 11:50 – 2:25
Grades 1-5 8:45 – 3:10
Thank you for coming and getting the year off to a great start!!!!!!!!!!!