Mustang E-Blast, Week of March 22nd
We hope our weekly e-blasts help give you up-to-date information on upcoming events at Richland.
· San Marcos Promise Parent Night is TONIGHT, Wednesday, March 22nd from 6:00 -7:00 p.m. at Twin Oaks Elementary. Learn how the San Marcos Unified School District’s promise for education can benefit YOUR child. See the flyer on the website for more details. See you tonight!
· Our next Flag Salute is this Friday, March 24th. It is Student of the Month, Semester 1 Perfect Attendance raffle, and Richland’s Teacher and Staff of the Year!
· Please help with our community traffic complaints/concerns! While we understand that roads are public and parents have the right to park and wait in designated areas for after school dismissal, it is illegal to park perpendicular to the curb and/or block driveways. This extends to both while sitting in cars while running and those leaving their cars unattended. Violations occur on a daily basis and sometimes keep our neighbors from being able to leave their houses! I would greatly appreciate your attention to the traffic laws as well as courtesy for our Richland community. Police presence is monitoring traffic and parking tickets are $340. Thanks for your synergy!
· Richland is trying to earn a $15,000 grant for our AMAZING Steam program! Voting is now open for the 15,000 school grant. Please send this link to parents, teachers, community members, etc. Any adult can vote and they can vote one time per day through March 24th Thank you!
· San Marcos Unified School District desires to receive feedback from parents to determine the degree of effectiveness of our communication, engagement and training efforts. Please take a few moments to complete the following survey:
The survey will close by March 31, 2017. We sincerely appreciate your time and interest in making our collaboration most effective with you as partners in your child's education.
· Running Club is happy to bring back Lucky Stick Day! EVERY Wednesday is Lucky Stick Day at Richland. Run laps for a chance to earn prizes at our Student Store. Keep on running, Mustangs!
· KINDERGARTEN/TRANSITIONAL KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION 2017/2018: Packets can be picked up from the office.
· Please remind your students, if they bring a cell phone to school, it is only for emergencies and must be kept in their backpacks at all times. Any cellphones out at school may be help by their teacher or administration. Thank you.
News from your FOR Club:
· Here are some upcoming Dine Outs to put on your schedule. Yay, more nights of no cooking:
· TOMORROW, THURSDAY NIGHT is Panda Express
· Rubios 4/13 2pm-9pm
· Boudin 4/20 4pm-8pm
· Souplantation 5/4 12pm-9pm
· Richland Yearbooks are on sale! Presale orders online until May 1st. To order, got to www.balfour.com and select Richland Elementary. Thanks to Volunteer Coral Griffith for her dedication and hard work!
Have a great week, Mustangs. We love learning and “Creating Magic” with your children!
Julie Barbara, Principal
"It is vital that when educating our children’s brains we do not neglect to educate their hearts." ~ Dalai Lama